Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Last Day Off.

So, I decided not to go to class today.  I have a headache I'm trying to get rid of before the show tonight because it'll only get worse sitting up there in the booth.  My stomach is still a little off - man, I just can't bounce back like I used to.  My body is literally saying "WTF??!!??" and is trying to reset to its original settings.  So, fuck it, too bad for the guest speaker in class today - I NEED TO RECOUP!!

Last night I called all of our lovely volunteers who will be ushering our shows (Shera, Amy and Drew) to reconfirm location and times and that they are still able to help out.  We just need to find someone for Tuesdays and Fridays.  Anyone interested?  Anyone know anyone who wants to see a production of Angels in America for FREE?  If so, lemme know! 

Yeah, Drew is volunteering for us... at first I was against it.  But then we couldn't find someone to replace the Saturday shows... So I decided - I can be civil - I can make this work.  I will just have to adjust this circumstance to the break.  So I called him, he sounded surprised when he answered.  He agreed to the show and I asked him if he had a little time to chat which ended up being over an hour long conversation.  It was good, it was mature, it was full of answers and things to ponder.  He told me he was glad that we are doing this - gave him some real food for thought.  We are still undecided if we are going to get back together though.  I miss him so much, but I can let that part of my desire for him give in.  I need to be rational.  What is best for both of us?  We decided that maybe we will limit our time together to just Saturdays until we can go back to being full-time together or full-time not together.  I promised I would limit my phone calls to business related things (ie. Angels in America) or emergencies, and same for him.  It was one of the nicest conversations I had with Drew since we first started hooking up.  It was refreshing and made me confident that no matter what happens in the end, we are both going to be okay.

Tomorrow I start my first day working with Cat at her company.  I will be working on commission only, so no regular paycheque.  Which I guess is better than nothing.  I was hoping to hear back from one of the places that I applied to because I don't want to get so far down the line with Cat's company that I have to turn around and say, "listen, something else came up".  But I was honest with her boss from the beginning and said that I'd be clearly communicating with them all along the way, I let him know of the situation I am in.  So if I do have to say that, then, well, he shouldn't be surprised.  And, also, I can pretty much do this job at any time since I'm not getting paid hourly.  That means I can do a lot of correspondence from home and on my schedule.  So if it comes around to me getting another job I can still do this one in between - as long as I'm getting packages out there every morning and getting contracts signed at the end of the day.  I'm sure things will work out fine in the end.

Alright, time to nourish my body - I have things to do today!!

No comments: