Okay most times I can put up with a lot of shit. A TON of shit actually. But not when you constantly push the boundaries of mutual respect. And the respect for my peers. Especially if they so happen to be my roommate and best friend. I would love to say that working on Angels in America is going well. It's a great time with Cat in the booth, we really enjoy working together, we have consented that we like giving back to our community through artistic avenues. And with this theatre company we truly believe they have so much potential to be something great... but there is this "mystical cloud" hanging over them and it never changes. Last time we worked on their shows (for Edmond and American Buffalo) there were so many times we angrily retreated to the booth and recited lines of how we were going to walk out on them. But we never did. We were like everyone else involved with them that never had the balls, never had the guts to stand up and say they can't stand being treated like a piece of crap. AND ALL OF THIS IS VOLUNTEER. If they were in the professional world (because clearly they AREN'T - they think they are, but they are NOT... for so many reason I won't get into right now....) no one would put up with their crap..... ugh... I'm not going to let this show ruin my good times... I'm just not... I just had to get that out - vent a little. Cat at least got to bitch the director's wife out for a good 20 minutes on our behalf...
I encourage you to read on... but only if you can handle slightly offensive things towards "religion".... any by offensive - don't be so sensitive... its just a drawing that clearly conveys how I'm feeling right now....
*SIGH*
Well, it's over and done with tonight - just a clash of characters. But people really need to think about their actions. LIKE I GET IT - you're an ACTOR, so that mean you fuckin' know everything about anything and I should be kissing your feet.... hahahahhahahahahahhahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Oh I'm sorry, I just totally laughed in your faces. YEP - IT'S VOLUNTEER BITCHES, I don't really have to show up if I really don't want to. SEE IF YOUR SHOW RUNS THEN BITCHES!!
*AHEM*
Hmmm, not sure where that burst of anger came from - but it felt gooooooooood. Damn good. I'm sure things will turn out in the end, and I'll have shitty flowers that will die in two days to put into a vase and cheap wine that MIGHT intoxicate me for a couple of hours.... BUT - I'm really going to consider NEVER working with you crack-heads ever again.
ON THAT NOTE: Come see our production of Angels in America - runs until January 30th!! Thank you to all the volunteers that shared in our insanity 3 hours a night!
ps. Tuesday is PWYC
And I'll end with a quote.... "you guys really are the best. and i hate the toronto and ontario arts council because you guys should be frigging getting paid for this b.s. by now."
I don't mean to be an anus-hole myself - but sometimes you just gotta let it happen - 'cause it feels so DAMN GOOD :P
Thursday, January 14, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment