SEPTEMBER: in no particular order
1- see three movies with Drew (1 at TiFF)
2- give 2 month's notice at end of month
3 - make 10 sets of earrings for 'Woods & Woods'
4- make at least 2 fully inked and watercoloured illustrations
5- go to the Toronto Island at least once
6- buy groceries only from the local (farmer's) markets (no chain grocery stores)
7- open a new savings account
8- get a credit card
9- actively pursue a new job
10- get a hair cut that you like
The only thing I can add to that I did was give my two month's notice... It has been a painful journey following doing so. This goal has in fact not allowed me to successfully accomplish the rest of the goals on the list. I haven't finished my watercolours, I have not finished the earrings for 'Woods & Woods', I have not gone to see the remaining 2 movies (although I bought 4 pre-paid passes to any Cineplex).... I have however had time to apply for some prospective jobs. So I guess all is not a loss. My hair cut has already begun to show signs of growing out... I want it even shorter now... but that is silly, I can live with this bob, its cute and takes a little more maintenance than I realized.
Back to what I was saying with the 2 month's notice to move out. I have taken it one step further. If you read the post previous to this one, you'll notice that I'm "removing" myself. Yep, despite the fact that I will be paying rent until November I am packing my things now and plan to be out of the Shithaus before the end of October. Roughly around the weekend of the 23rd, if I can make it happen sooner, I'll jump at the opportunity. I can't subject myself to this kind of environment any longer. Call it being a pussy, call it being childish, call it whatever you like, I DON'T GIVE A FUCK, I am unhappy and I want to create results now. I have had enough of giving "time" to people so they can figure out their shit and feelings and whatever... What about time for ME? Is anyone setting aside time for me? Not really, but now that I am in a crisis are my TRUE friends stepping up to the plate (thanks guys for supporting me - and sorry to bring you into this dirty mess of mine).
Who knew growing up could be so frustrating?? But that's life I guess, shitty hands are dealt more regularly than the ones that will have a big pay off.
But on a more positive note - October is around the bend and a new set of 10 goals are underway!!
<3 SLaw
Monday, September 28, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Dear Steph Law-
Those goals are a super idea-i may steal it and put 10 goals for each month on my blog. But we can encourage each other to reach them and share success stories. And congrats on accomplishing that big one. The two months notice. Proud of you lady, its hard to be an adult, and despite how some have made you feel, you are doing a good job.
Thinking of you fondly and often-see you in two weeks!
lovelovelove
lill'e
Post a Comment