Friday, September 4, 2009

TGIF?

I'm back to work today. I have been off since Tuesday. I hope I have gotten through the worst of this cough and cold. It just sounds awful when I answer the phone then have to excuse myself to cough my face off. Soooo unprofessional. My sinuses hurt, they give me a headache with all the pressure, and sometimes I cough so hard I vomit - now that's attactive!

Anyway, so my assumptions for applying to the FOH job too late were in fact false, I got an email a few days later asking me to come in for an interview. I accepted and skipped my yoga session to go to it. The questions they asked me felt like I was unable to tell them about my full potential, they were kind of cheesy and really vague. It was hard to tell if they were unimpressed or not because I was the first person they met, I lightly joked with them that I wouldnt' be "hard on them" - haha. Well at least I know I set the bar, and most times when I have held interviews, the first person I see I consider to be the average... meaning I will hire almost anyone with qualifications and exerience greater than that of the first person I interviewed and the people with less to offer will usually not be considered. So, here's hoping, with fingers crossed, that I get this job and that I stay there for a while so I can settle into some stable income and can start saving up for a new place to live.

I'm so unimpressed with the ShitHaus right now. Its not really a feeling targeted at the people who live there, its just a feeling that lurks in the hallways and in the floorboards. It makes me feel uncomfortable like the way nails on a chalk board can make the hair on the back of your neck stand on end. I feel so alone and frustrated and angry every time I step foot in the door. I feel let down and used and taken advantage of. I feel like everything is unfair and unfamiliar. It probably isn't but that is due to the lack of communication. I have tried everything from phone calls and text messages, to notes on a new message board, to facebook and emails, to tracking them down in person to get to have a roommate meeting - but no avail. It took the newest roommie ("Shan") to say, "hey guys, we need to sit down and figure this out...." I'm so frustrated that she barely had to lift a finger to get the rest to commit...

Drew stayed there with me last night. I broke down in my room. I have never hated being in that house, I love that house, but I feel it is so far away from being a part of me now that I can't bare to be there anymore. My potential new roommate (if I ever can get outta here) "Gordo" and I will be getting together tonight to 1) get drunk and do crazy sexy things and 2)hopefully find somewhere awesome to live together soon and 3)put a time stamp on plan B.

In fact, I'm going to search housing and rental places on line now. B and Armour suggested finding a realtor, but I'm not sure that involves costs or anything. I'll have to do some more research but it sounds like a good route to go so that we can find the perfect place to live and not run into any disappointments.

The Bead Show is coming back in town... I want to go to find some resin, or like a starter kit since I don't have a credit card to order this stuff on line myself. Perhaps I'll should look into that as well, getting a credit card... start building up some credit, start becoming more responsible like I harp about being... time to prove it.

~SLaw

No comments: