Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The start... I better get used to it.

I'm sitting in my pseudo-neighbour's place ("Dr. Nick"), the big move was today. I didn't want to watch the place fall apart so I took the fact that I'm still incredibly sick as a good omen. I don't want to sit there and feel bad about it, I don't want to watch it slip away from me, I don't want to be standing in there and making a note of it being the "last" time... I'll just avoid it and hope that my memory serves me well, I'd rather remember it that way instead of dead inside.

Last night we demolished the place, we divided the art work and packed the last of the belongings and put them into piles to be moved the next day. Our landlord, who I'm beginning to believe more and more that she is a slumlord... She came by to try to get in one last hard blow to the guys, "you have to be out by midnight or I'll have to charge you for being here. I'm changing the locks". But as per usual, her word means nothing, empty threats. I can't wait until my time comes to leave her behind.

I really wish that I didn't have to work this week so that I could enjoy visiting the gang in their new pads. Maybe I should let them unpack and settle before I do that. I took today off from work, I feel like crap, Lolo advised me it might be this sinus infection that has been going around, she had it. Meh, no matter, I'll try to get some antibiotics and hope that I can make it through the rest of the week. School will start and hopefully I'll swing into a routine.

I applied for an FOH job yesterday. I hope I didn't miss the deadline to apply, I hope I get an interview. I was hoping to get a job on campus... but I think its time to grow away from its clutch. I mean, sure I'll welcome any opportunities that come my way, but I have to start nurturing some sort of future for myself.

I'm going to go pick up some groceries with Keyel so that I can make some dinner for Drew and I before we head uptown for the gallery reception we have promised to go to. Sleeping alone tonight is going to be strange.... I better get used to it.

Cheers,

SLaw x0x

No comments: