This last half hour will be the longest... not that I'm wasting my office's time by browsing the web but there seriously isn't much to do while stuck at the front desk. So instead I take my time with the small tasks that I have been given and make sure that I do them well. I feel bad for asking some many questions because I have been with this office for so long, but the only time I have sat at the front desk is when I'm covering for the lunch hour. ANYWAY - so I wanted to get myself a button maker for my birthday - I thought it would be awesome to be able to expand my beading in that direction. I did some research and went to the only place in Toronto (in Kensington) to look at the machines they had. They are pretty expensive, and I knew that, but I was hoping that the button makers would allow you to change sizes... unfortunately not if I don't want to purchase a $5000 electric machine.... and I don't. So I thought I'd let that idea settle before marching out and getting one anyway (even though giving away buttons at the party would have been totally rad). And its a good thing to because I researched something else I have always wanted to do with my beading and its waaaay more versatile (meaning I could make buttons with this medium too). RESIN! I read a great tutorial (skinnerstudio.blogspot.com) and it really got my gears going. I think I'm going to start experimenting so that I can start making my own beads and pendants. For a while I felt as if my jewelry was just so faceless... like everything else out there, there was nothing to separate me from the crappy jewelry you could find in the cheap chain stores - hence why I've been on a bit of a hiatus. I'm no longer motivated to sit at my desk and create away. I used to enjoy the challenge of creating custom made pieces but after some disappointing turnouts with customers I think I'm going to stray away unless they are willing to pay steep prices. So I think this is the turning of a new leaf for me - just collections. No more beading parties, no single piece orders, no more Swarovski on a cord... just me and MY creations.
I must be driving the ladies near me crazy - I keep coughing and clearing my throat despite the amount of water I have been drinking, how many candies and lozenges I eat. It been a long time since I've been in a building that pumps out air conditioning and it probably doesn't help that I've been hanging out with all the smokers - Drew seems to be taking it on full time now, even though he rarely buys his own pack. I just have to be very conscious and leave the room each time someone sparks up...
Well, signing off for today... Yoga tomorrow - really excited to stretch out my stiffness.
See you then,
SLaw
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
tell me about it.... Where i am right now no one smokes, I'm kinda scared to go back and be around it. especially Brendan because he buys about a pack a day.
he complains that i breathe so loudly when i sleep, but its because i CANT BREATHE from all the smoke on his clothes and in his room. I usually just blame it on allergies but really its my asthma:S
hooray for the non-smoker club.... <3
Post a Comment