So last night was interesting....
But first let me start at the beginning. I orchestrated my day perfectly in my mind. No better way to start the day than with roof top yoga at the Skybar in the Drake Hotel and some shop therapy. My lady friend ("Meg") had invited me out with her and her bf ("Jeff B.") to see Scratch Basid who was also playing at the Drake Hotel that night. I had agreed to dinner plans with my guy ("Crazy Drew") after our session of yoga but I really wanted to go out with Meg and Jeff B in case they didn't make it up to my birthday party on Saturday - so I squashed both commitments together. As I walked along Queen West I texted Meg to see if Drew and I could come for dinner and called Drew at work to see if he would drive us all to the bar. Meg said to be at her place for 6 to aim to be at the Drake for 9pm. And Drew said he didn't mind being designated driver considering it would allow him to leave when ever he wanted and he didn't want to stay out late. Perfect! I thought, I had time to spend for shopping, run back uptown to drop my bags, do my nails and head back downtown for a killer night - or so I thought.
There were thunder storm warnings but considering the sunshine and the amount I sweat all over my mat I thought the weather peoples were crazy! I successfully purchased some new toiletries from Shoppers, scanned the colourful delights at the Paper Place, two new dresses from Katie and a sexy pair of sling backs and golden aviators. On the subway ride northbound I contemplated if my purchases were too lavish and impulse, but grinned - I was long overdue for a new toothbrush and my favourite sling backs broke at a bachelor party... I seem to always find way to legitimize my shopping habits. When I came above ground at Downsview, I noticed the air was cooler and some grey heavy clouds started to accumulate in direction of York. The bus ride was breezy and I read the Metro that enlightened me on how facebook is ruining our relationships (duh) and how to make curried couscous (I think I'm going to try that recipe - its super easy, which is what I like when its too hot to labour in the kitchen for hours). I smiled at my horoscope, typical. When I got off the bus, the clouds were swirling violently, hmmm, maybe there were going to be storms after all. I find the gang hanging out playing Tetris. I make myself an excellent grilled cheese sandwich out of smoked gouda and prosciutto and join my friends on the couch. My roommate's friend ("Jonny B") came by for a visit, the open door created a vacuum flow of hot air heavy with humidity. Shit, I think as I remember I was going to paint my nails, and what a sticky mess it would be. After having a "gut-wrenching" 8 minute battle of Tetris with my roommie ("T-man") I pack a bag with my evening outfit and make-up in it and some veggies I picked up from Kensington earlier that day. I head out looking at the angry sky before me, booms and flashes in the distance. I ran to catch the bus across the street and on route forgot to grab Drew's shoes like I promised. Thunder and lightening make me really nervous, so it didn't surprise me that I was distracted. When I got back to the house to retrieve the shoes, the present company was chirping at how awesome the storm was going to be, clad in bathing suits for the occasion. I crossed my fingers I'd make it back to the subway before it was upon the house ("NewHomeFreeLand"). As I waited for the traffic light to turn the sky opened up and rained horizontally at my back - a sheer black tank top was a poor choice of attire. I transferred to the Spadina streetcar and when it surfaced I had beaten the storm - YES! I jaywalked to the LCBO in Chinatown and grabbed a bottle of vodka and Soho, for shooters with Meg. The sky above me was a steel grey, dull jade and churning. I decided to zig zag through Kensington to get to Meg's faster, the storm was at my heels the entire way. The sky opened up again and gave it its all literally as I jumped in the front door. Apparently there were tornado warnings in the area and surrounding ones. We made spaghetti sauce from scratch and caught up with friends "Jess and boyfriend James" over boozed up coffee. Drew arrived in time for a perfect rainbow arcing over the CN tower. We ate, gussied up and headed out, way after 9pm but heck we were having so much fun. The Drake had its usual fare of a crowd, we got drinks and enjoyed the musical delights of Scratch Basid. The night was great, I was delightfully drunk and dancing and then the shit storm unveiled itself to me. Yelling, crying, hissy fits, the whole shabang. Drew and I had our first full-blown fight.
Apparently the shit storm managed to make its way into the lives of T-man and ex-roomie ("Fist Fight") with their signif. others. I still feel burned but what can you do to a situation that is already expired? Nothing, you just move on and put the experience under your belt and learn from it. That's what I'm trying to do. It a little hard because I'm still in yesterday's clothes and its now 6:30pm.... But I'm hoping things are going to mirror the effects of the thunder storm and tornadoes that passed through the city yesterday - noisy and disruptive in their peak but after the calm arrives with refreshing cool air and a new perspective.
Welcome to the turning cogs of my mind telling the stories of my experiences at Romfield Victory Lapse. Until next time,
SLaw
Friday, August 21, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment