Saturday, August 22, 2009

Party Today:

So yep, today is the party. I'm already in higher spirits. I've been down in the dumps lately. My thoughts have run away with me, and are getting the better of me... and the better of my better judgment. Its so tough to see the sunshine when I get into these ruts. I'm not normally a miserable person. But for some reason I'm letting it all crawl under my skin. No matter. If I can stay distracted - all the better - I feel a little more like myself.

A friend sent this to me a while ago... but I just watched it for the first time on Drew's laptop. My computer is ghetto and now the internet doesn't live here anymore. I literally laughed out loud - it was nice to have a genuine smile on my face.

Star Wars: Retold (by someone who hasn't seen it) from Joe Nicolosi on Vimeo.

The 3 kegs arrived last night, John and his buddy were really cool dudes. They even offered me a fourth keg, and I can even call them today if we need it and they will come and deliver it to our door. Awesome! Thanks guys! I also am expecting a surprise visit from a friend - gasp! I've said too much already. I'm on a quest for all the things the house needs to be prepared for this bash to end all bashes with a side order of birthday for me. I think I'll pick up some wristbands again, considering my yellow one from the "good-bye-lil'e-happy-bideh-armor" party at the beginning of the summer has seen better days (thank goodness for clear hockey tape). I'm heading to the Farmer's Market as soon as Drew comes back from doing some laundry and tidying his room. We plan on having a "how many dicks?" after-after-after party the morning after. There will be 3 quiche, 2lbs. of bacon, a shit-ton of hash browns.... and probably mamosas and tequila shots. My parents gave me an envelope before I hopped on the bus with Drew heading south from New Liskerd, they said it was to contribute to the party - a gift from Mamma and Papa Law. They wouldn't let me open it until I got on the bus, it was $100, the cost of a keg. My face blushed and I had no way to tell them thank you. They will be arriving in town some time tonight from the cottage - I'll have to drunk dial them - HAH!

Anyway, I'm going to go prime my stomach with some nutrients before I destroy my system royally - I hope I can cure the hangover before I go back to work on Monday.

Rippit!
SLaw

No comments: