Monday, August 24, 2009

First day back-

- at work.

Its kind of weird being here, everyone seems suprised to see me back, and especially with time to blog. I'm not sure what else to do while sitting at the front desk. Normally the phone would be ringing off the hook or else I'd be eyeball deep in paper work or deliveries and what not. Its also really quiet in the office today. People are trickling in. Tennis ended yesterday so it doesn't surprise me that people would take the day off to recoup from the craziness. That's one of the things I think I love about working here is how people demonstrate pulling off huge events with very little prep time and the smallest amount of man power. The weak just aren't cut out for this office. I've been moved around. I think I'm helping out a different branch of our department, which I don't mind - I love it here. But I do have to admit I miss the convocation craziness.... and Fall convo will be approaching us shortly. The Executive Officer told me today that the other student I work with ("Lolo") will be returning for sure and they will have to look into see if they can spend some of the budget on a work/study position - which I hope won't demote me from my regular pay. Maybe its best that I don't say anything!

Someone else other than me has worn this black sweater - I can smell B.O. coming from under the sleeves. And I create no smell - I have no body odor. Or maybe that is what I get for "lost & found" shopping. I've already washed it twice before wearing it myself. I hope no one notices when I come up to them. I drenched it in Coconut and Milk body spray from Victoria Secret... but it seems to have worn off - two thumbs down.

Two guys randomly walked in past me at reception. They looked like they knew where they were going... a few seconds later the Executive Officer called me to ask me what they were doing here.... HAH - oops. Perhaps there will be some drama in the office after all!

I picked up a campus paper before heading in, you know, the read over lunch, but there has been nothing really keep me occupied I read it already. I found out that K'Naan will be playing on September 22nd - its a free concert to for those with valid student cards, who can bring guests. Oh and speaking of concerts - anyone still interested in going to see Junior Boys tomorrow?

I'm supposed to go out for drinks with the ladies tonight for Industrial night at the Drake (I seem to be finding myself there quite often, especially with yoga on the rooftop, which my job is totally comfortable with letting me go to the classes as long as I'm back at the desk for around noon). My surprise guest visitor ("Lil E") is only in until Tuesday morning before having to head back south to the states, so I wanted to make best of my time with her. It might be a ladies only night - we might include some council peeps ("Cat and L.O."), which will be fun because I've been attached to the hip with Drew so that we can soak up as much of each other before he moves out of NewHomeFreeLand and into his new apartment with his best buddy ("Keyel"). Not that I mind but I have to begin to do things on my own and not so much as a couple.... although a part of me will wish he was there with me.

Well, I've managed to thin my time out as much as possible and it brings me to my lunch hour already!! Yay! I just have to wait for someone to replace me for the hour.

In a power outfit and sling backs,

SLaw

No comments: