So I just got word of another death... another funeral that I have to attend.
All I can think of is my parents, they must be tired of this... not because they don't want to do this, constantly go to funerals, but after last weekend's big loss I can only imagine that they are mentally exhausted thinking about death. But this is another very close friend to the family. He was one of the first people to show up at the last two funerals I was at and he came to both the viewing and funerals as well... He has also been there for every step of my childhood, adolescence and now young adult-hood. I drew him an amazing picture of a lion for his 50th birthday - his parents loved it, raved about the picture... that is the only way I knew his parents. His mother, Marion Barber passed away on the weekend. I tried looking for her obituary in the paper - but nothing so far... maybe it's hush-hush.
But at least I'll be in Uxbridge on the weekend, I can see Drew before he departs for his vacation in Mexico with his family. Lucky Duck.
Monday, February 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment