Saturday, February 6, 2010

STOP COMPLAINING

I'm going to do my best to stick to it... complaining about my shit really hasn't gotten me anywhere but more pissed off or depressed about my shitty situation.  Negative thoughts encourage negative outcomes.  I know that sometimes you need a real good rant or else it all can get bottled up and then explode all over the place, and usually right after I just cleaned up.... bleh.  But everyday, or every time something just doesn't go exactly as I had planned?  No, it truly needs to stop.  I need to nurture myself into being more positive and optimistic that things are just going to be okay.  I have to encourage myself that I am awesome and I can do awesome things.  I have to motivate myself to keep on truckin' with a creative outlook to keep my upright.  Despite all the deaths that keep happening I just can't let that break my stride. Baby steps maybe, but none the less progressive - and progression is change that is pretty good in my books.

Today I finally sat down and figured out my Etsy shop.  It's official now.  I have an online store for my jewellery.  Below is my banner from my store...

But there is nothing for sale in it right now.  But I finally stopped complaining and stopped procrastinating and actually JUST DID IT.  I'm just hashing out all the wordy junk that needs to be there.  Then I need to take photographs of my pieces on my models.  AND then finally translate it all to the store.  I'm a little nervous for my first transaction... so I think I'll just do it myself first to see how it goes, or con my parents to help me out so that I can work out any necessary kinks before I find myself in an awkward situation that leaves me not knowing what to do and frantic to resurrect the situation with my client.

And on a happy-weird note - I came home drunk last night... and proceeded to pass out face down on my mattress, barely undressing.  I had gone to the wake of the third death of this year from the same circle of really close friends.  The "Tandem" family.  But this time we decided to go for a pint at a local pub near the funeral home in Uxbridge - which was also perfect for one last hangout with Drew before he left for Mexico.  It was great - I mean I really needed that>>>  To go out for beers and tons of laughs.  I recall being able to do that in the Ab... but that's all lost to me now.  And it was different this time because it was with people who have known me before I was me.  They are my parents' friends and remind me of older versions of my friends.  We joked about every little dirty or rude thing we could think of that wouldn't scare away the rest of the patrons - but in pure Tandem style we ended up being the last people there, loud and belligerent, throwing limes across the table and being smart asses to the servers.  I really didn't want the night to end -  but it waaaaaas almost 1am.

And my poor baby... he is now dealing with a death, but so disconnected from being able to mourn with the safe circle of those also affected.  I think he might come home from Mexico early.  Poor guy.  I just have to be there for him now - and that is fine, I want to support him.

AND now I'm going to get ready to dance the night away with some friends that I haven't seen in a while.

So if you ask me, things are pretty good and I have no reason to complain :)

Cheers,
SLaw

No comments: