Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Pick Me!! Pick Meeee!!!

I hate group interviews, but I guess I sorta saw that coming.  At this point I'll take my chances with anything, even retail...  I hope like heck I get this.  I NEED a job.  And one that is going to pay me regular paycheques, and something that I relatively enjoy.  And heck, one of the perks is FREE SHOES.  I just wish my voice wasn't still raspy from the cold that has been drifting through our house.  I think I looked really stupid having to really try to articulate myself... bleh, oh well.  Fingers crossed anyway!

I haven't been here in a while - it feels like that anyway.  I have had my nose to the grind stone cleaning my room, doing laundry and finding homes for all the stuff that is still in boxes.  Going through it all just aggravates me and puts me in a sour mood leaving my roommates to wonder why I'm so pissy all the time.

Then the party happened.  I had my reservations about it.  Drew came home too.  Just too much was going on that I really couldn't enjoy it.  Things were breaking, people were throwing liquid everywhere, creepy people were freaking my friends out...  I was sober until about 2am - cleaning shit up the entire time because everyone else was too wasted to care.  But after I spent an entire week helping make that house sparkle I wasn't going to leave broken glass shards and wine stains all over the house - what a fuckin' bummer.  At my own gaddamned party too.  Whatever, I just ended up locking myself in my room to furrow my brow for a bit, let it wash over me and get out of my system.  I put a fake smile on and rejoined the shenanns.  It ended up not being so bad after all.  But definitely not how I planned - and when things don't go how I plan them - I get mad.  So sue me, whatever.


imgres.jpgimgres.jpgWhat was fun was when the Family rejoined us the next day - for lazy Family Day celebrations.  We all got toasty by the fire and got mesmerized my the flames.  Aitch, Shera, Drew and I went for some grub and beers at Ciros.  Cat joined us for a half pint.  We watched the server smash an entire bottle of Absinthe on the ground with a couple other expensive liqueurs and glassware.... shitty balls!!  Then Aitch's little bro (lowercase "h") came by and hung out for a bit.  He raved about how Drew reminded him of Matthew Lillard (which is fine by me because I think that actor is hot as fuck) but from Scream and started saying he was freaking him out.  I thought it was hilarious, but I'm not sure Drew felt the same.   We still have some communication kinks to work out - but it's improving.  Maybe this relationship will last after all.

Anyway - I'm all fidgety about this interview I just had.  I just really want to know if I got it or not.  I'm not good at this waiting game....

No comments: