... perhaps that is why I stay away for so long. I feel so invaded that I need space. I love my alone time. I just laze in the sun and do crosswords and snack on little treats I prepare for myself and take pictures of things that intrigue me and getting involved in the lives of the characters of my new favourite shows... and then someone walks in the door and I feel I have to stop all of that, or close my door... It is strange. Like I have to be private about what I'm doing... I don't know why.... Things to contemplate.
So I found out that I have laryngitis from a cold or sinus infection. My lungs seem to be clear from fluids and my throat is not sore. I keep coughing because I have terrible nasal drip which is aggravating my throat which is making me more hoarse. I literally have no voice. I have taken the last four days off of work. This is going to kill my next paycheque. So I have quarantined myself to Drew's because I know there is solitude there during the day and most of the evening. It took me two whole days to stop talking... hahah, I never realized how much I socialize... Like don't get me wrong, I know I'm a chatterbox - but I can't even say for simple things like "pass me the salt" or "no, thank you"... I am noticing a significant difference in my voice though. One more day of this silent treatment and I should be okay to go back to work this weekend.
On Monday I went to the walk-in clinic at Sherbourne and Bloor. HAH - what a shit show. I waitied 3 and half hours to see a doctor that looked at me for about 15 minutes. And for once I didn't feel compelled to complain about the wait or the need to be impatient. I just sat there, enjoyed an Arizona tea and read a 24H newspaper. Luckily I had a pen in my purse so I could do the crossword and sodoku. I actually enjoyed myself there. I got to watch EVEYONE ELSE wretch in pain over the wait. They paced back and forth, they hugged their sides in agony (and not because they are actually hurting, but because they couldn't endure the wait), I got to listen to the sob stories and explanations as to why they should be seen sooner, and I got to see the exasperation on people's faces when they found out the registration desk closed an hour early because there were so many patients already in line.... FREE ENTERTAINMENT. The doctor that saw me said that if the nasal spray she prescribed me doesn't help me get better by the end of the weekend, I should come back - maybe I'll just stop by and sit in the waiting room for some more cheap thrills - hahaha.
So here I find myself alone again in Drew's apartment. I've turned it into my little sick room, so I guess I should clean it up a bit now that I have regained some energy from this time-out. Ooooooooor maybe I'll just watch another episode of House first.... yeah, I'll do that. Then out into the sunshine it is for me, I want to feel the fresh air on my skin - maybe a walk in the cemetery would be nice. Talk about space!
Friday, April 23, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I have been reveling in moments of solitude this past week. feels so bold having an agenda only I know about and enjoying it.
enjoy yourself. keyword [self] :)
Post a Comment